At the Illawarra Christian School,we love our learning and community to be an extension of home. We partner with parents to educate our kids.
The Illawarra Christian School is conveniently located 6 kms from Wollongong city centre, in the foothills of Mt. Kembla.
ICS is a vibrant learning community where every student is cared for in a positive and dynamic environment. Located just outside the centre of Wollongong, and catering for 750 students from Preschool to Year 12, we are known throughout the Illawarra for our outstanding educational results and the genuine care we extend to all students.
We take enrolments all year round. We run personal tours and also trial days once a term for students who would like to try us out for a day - click here to learn more now.
What sets ICS apart:
- Small class sizes and plenty of individual attention from teachers.
- Diverse and wide range of subjects and paths available in our Secondary School. Each year we consult with our students when designing our elective lines and aim to tailor the timetable to suit each student group. No two-year groups are the same!
- We offer a very strong extension and enrichment program and regularly provide opportunities for students to extend themselves in competitions throughout Australia and even overseas!
- We offer our students a wide range of support as they transition to ICS. We match new students with one or two buddies of the same age, as well as placing them in small pastoral care groups who will provide them with care, support and relationship continuity. They will stay with the same small group for their whole secondary journey and meet with them (and their allocated teacher) a couple of times a week.
- We have consistently strong HSC results and very high rates of early entry offers for UOW. In Year 12 each of our students is allocated a staff mentor who meets with them every week for the whole year and is available to chat through any issues they want to - not just around study, but also around family, work, relationships etc.
- We offer lots of sport classes and opportunities and our secondary sport coordinators love to support students in these pursuits. Whether it's team sports like soccer and netball or individual pursuits like track and field, cycling or even mountain biking, we love to follow individual students on whatever their sporting goal is and help them reach their goals.