Dr Emma Tetstall is a specialist Obstetrician, Gynaecologist and Ultrasound Specialist who has established a home in the Illawarra with her young family. She practices women-centred obstetric care and has additional qualifications for management of high risk obstetrics, ultrasound and prenatal diagnosis.
"I believe in open communication and a wholistic approach to all aspects of women's health. I am happy to discuss all birth options and am a strong supporter of normal vaginal birth. I aim to make collaborative decisions and birth plans with you and your support person, including the decision around mode of delivery".
Dr Tetstall has settled in the Illawarra with her husband and two small boys. The family fell in love with the area after Dr Tetstall spent time at Wollongong Hospital during her training. After completing her Ultrasound Fellowship she has returned to the area to raise her family.
She holds a Staff Specialist appointment at Wollongong and Shellharbour Public Hospitals. She also has a VMO appointment at Wollongong Private Hospital and currently facilitates the Obstetric and Gynaecology teaching program at Wollongong Hospital. You can read more about Dr Tetstall's extensive study and industry qualifications HERE.
Dr Tetstall provides all components of pregnancy and obstetric care, including:
- Preconception counselling.
- Antenatal care - counselling regarding aneuploidy screening, regular antenatal visits and management of any complications including external cephalic version (ECV) for breech presentation.
- Delivery - vaginal birth including after a caesarean (VBAC), instrumental and caesarean section (emergency and maternal request).
- Postnatal care - including your 6 week postnatal check up, cervical screening if it is due and discussion and planning of contraception if desired.
Your first antenatal visit will take place at 8 -12 weeks gestation. For this visit you will require:
- A GP referral
- Copies of your antenatal screening bloods and urine
- A copy of any ultrasound results you have had
- A copy of your most recent cervical screening test
At this visit we will confirm your estimated due date, discuss and request first trimester screening as appropriate, and plan your antenatal care and management. A bedside ultrasound will also be performed.
You will then be seen 4 weekly until 28-30 weeks, 2 weekly until 36 weeks and then weekly until delivery.
Dr Tetstall offers investigation, counselling and management of conditions including:
- Miscarriage and recurrent miscarriage
- Contraception - including Mirena removal and insertion
- Abnormal CST and colposcopy - including surgical management with LLETZ if required
- Fertility - including investigation of infertility/subfertility, ovulation induction, and IVF
- Click here to get in touch with Dr Emma Tetstall.
Dr Tetstall holds additional specialist qualifications in diagnostic ultrasound. She has experience in interpreting and counselling for first trimester and antenatal screening. She has access to 3D ultrasound within her rooms, and will perform a bedside ultrasound at each antenatal visit.
To get in touch with Dr Tetstall and make an appointment, you can either leave a message online HERE or contact her on (02) 4271 5440.