For 100 years, Karitane has been a leader in early parenting support for families with children aged 0-5 years.
Karitane is a not-for-profit organisation and registered charity offering free, accessible, evidence-based support around the unique challenges of parenting.
The type of support this program provides includes:
- Assisting parents to further develop their skills and confidence
- Helping parents establish routines that work for their family
- Helping parents become aware of services available to them
- Helping parents identify needs or concerns
- Enjoy accessing the community, go to a library, the park or even the shopping centre - things that can be overwhelming for some new parents
To learn more, contact Jaimie on 0476 411 560 or [email protected].
Karitane's support services also extend to the following:
- In-centre care
- Residential Services
- Parenting Centres
- Mental Health Services
- Toddler Clinic
- Virtual Breastfeeding Clinic
- Virtual Home Visits
- Virtual Residential Parenting Service
- Internet Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (I-PCIT)
- Parenting Webinars
- Volunteer Family Connect (VFC) – Shellharbour, Macarthur/ Wollondilly and Taree
- Young Parents Program
- Karitane Linking Families
- Supported Playgroups Plus
- Empowering Parents Empowering Communities (EPEC)
- Family Coaching Service
How to access support:
- Parents can self-refer online here or have a health professional refer online on their behalf.
- Call our Careline. Do you have a parenting question? Call our Careline on 1300 227 464 to speak to a qualified and experienced Child and Family Health Nurse.
- Access our Community Programs. Express your interest via emailing [email protected]