Mt Ousley Pre-school has been providing quality education and care since 1972 and support to Illawarra families for over 50 years.
- Offering long day care and pre-school readiness programs (see more below)
- Our fees: our centre offers a very reasonable daily rate - we offer both a childcare subsidy and Start Strong funding available to reduce fees - go to The Start Strong 2023 Program for more information or see more below.
- At Mount Ousley Pre-School, we focus on providing experienced and qualified long-term educators who are committed to achieving the highest standard of care and education. With only 22 children each day we are able to provide personal attention and care to your child and family.
- The current owner and Licensee (Shelley Zipparo) has been at the service since 1994, as an owner since 1998. Shelley is an owner operator, meaning she is working directly with the children and families, creating a personal and caring touch.
- The centre very much focuses on tailoring an orientation program around each family to help ensure each child is able to settle in to the preschool.
- The educators are also experienced and as a team we have experience with children who have additional needs and children who have English as an additional language. We pride our self on the way we make all families and children feel welcome.
We are also committed to the National Quality Framework (NQS) where we are assessed in regards to quality. We currently hold a rating of meeting the quality standards with the NQS.
- Ages 2 to 5 years
- Opening hours 8am to 5pm for working parents
- Qualified. long-term and experienced educators
- Close to CBD, Tafe and University
- Owner-operated since 1994
- Small groups with maximum of 22 children per day
- Rated as Meeting the NQS
- School readiness program - we have a set time each day for children to participate in school readiness activities, with skills like independent learning being encouraged throughout their day. Children also get to participate in an excursion to their local school.
We operate under The Start Strong 2023 Program Framework
The Start Strong 2023 Program for long day care provides funding to deliver affordable quality preschool education to children aged 4 and above. From 2023, fee relief for families will be integrated into Start Strong and provide long day care services with sustainable long-term funding to deliver more affordable preschool to eligible children. Families can be eligible for up to $2,110 per year in fee relief for children aged 4 and above in long day care. Please get in touch with our centre below for more information.
Tu 8:00am - 5:00pm
We 8:00am - 5:00pm
Th 8:00am - 5:00pm
Fr 8:00am - 5:00pm
Sa 12:00am - 12:00am
Su 12:00am - 12:00am