Access high quality parenting courses and support online. Today's Child is a locally based Australian online parenting and child care education provider. We offer a range of high quality, short-courses filled with practical strategies for everyday parenting and caring for children.
Wherever you are, our online courses are available 24/7 through our website www.todayschild.org.au
Our most popular courses for people caring for children include Understanding Anxiety in Children, Family Violence has no Boundaries, Caring for a Grieving Child, Resilience can be Learnt and Advocate for Yourself and Others.
Understanding and Managing Anxiety in Children Course
Our self-paced course has been designed to assist parents and carers with the knowledge and understanding of how to best manage their child's anxiety.
- This course takes approximately 1 ½ hours
- This course provides strategies and intervention methods for children aged 3 right through to 18 years.
You will learn:
- How to spot anxiety in your child and their behaviour
- When is best to intervene and what words to say
- Methods and Techniques that help create calm thinking
- How to spot the different types of anxiety.
- The relationship between grief and loss and anxiety.
- The importance of children developing secure attachments and how attachment is formed.
- We will explore examples of supporting children through grief and loss
- We will explore ‘Triggers’, how to spot them and how to manage them.
- You will learn strategies to manage anxiety symptoms in children and young people.
- We will explore case studies of children experiencing anxiety and reflect on management strategies.
- CLICK HERE TO BOOK THIS COURSE
About Today's Child
Today's Child was founded by a group of dedicated social workers, child care educators and qualified trainers with over 25 years experience in the childcare and child protection sectors.
With a growing number of Parents and educators expressing concerns about children experiencing high anxiety, lacking resilience or being exposed to family violence it is an important time to gain a better understanding of how this impacts children and how adults can assist them.
Our courses are strength based and solution-focused with practical strategies on protecting and supporting children's well being, as well as your own.
We are passionate about empowering parents and carers to care for children with a focus on their physical and mental health, wellbeing and development.