Dr Basheer is a highly experienced female OB/Gyn who has been practicing female health in the Illawarra since 2005.
She treats a wide variety of gynaecological issues (her expertise also in non-invasive hysterctomies) and is happy to receive all general referrals + new patients to her private practice.
Great news for Illawarra women!
- Dr Basheer can fit new patients in on her list for private hospital patients with no Gap urgently.
- She will accept self-funded patients at reasonable prices
- State of the art best care intra-operative and post-operative
Dr Basheer is also a No-Gap Gynaecologist (i.e Dr Basheer does not charge extra money over what the insurance providers pay for her private gynaecology patients).
Dr Basheer also consults on a wide range of women's health concerns and issues, ranging from all types of Hysterectomies, Laparoscopic Surgery to management of early pregnancy losses and recurrent miscarriages and more.
Dr Basheer has trained both in Australia and internationally and is highly skilled in managing and performing both minor and major Gynaecological cases and surgeries. Dr Basheer works in both the private and public hospital settings and operates at Wollongong Private Hospital, Wollongong Public Hospital and Shellharbour Public Hospital. You can read more about Dr Basheer HERE
Dr Tahrir is now also accepting NEW patients for the following:
- Performing hysterectomies (non invasive, micro invasive or invasive) for women who may require one for many different reasons - whether it be a vaginal or laparoscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy (further details below).
- Pelvic pain
- Vaginal/genital/uterine prolapses/repairs with or without urinary incontinence (when the muscles that support the organs in a woman’s pelvis weaken).
- Ovarian, Cystectomy, and Laparoscopic surgeries
- Treating Urinary Incontinence
- Endometrial Ablation and Laparoscopic Ovarian Cystectomy or Oophorectomy (surgical removal of one or both ovaries)
- Managing abnormal uterine bleeding and uterine fibroids.
- Obstetric cases management and deliveries, as well as normal, instrumental or caesarean section.
- Colposcopy (abnormalities of the cervix) and abnormal pap test results
Dr Basheer has developed policies for medical management of ectopic pregnancy and early miscarriages at Wollongong Public Hospital. She is also involved in training post graduate registrars, medical students, midwives and student nurses.
To get in touch with Dr Basheer, you can either leave a message online HERE or ring on (02) 4226 2844.
Tu 9:00am - 5:00pm
We 9:00am - 5:00pm
Th 9:00am - 5:00pm
Fr 9:00am - 5:00pm